Bad blogger… : (


Here are some photos of the letter tile I did for the Distressed Alphabet swap on ArtTechniques:

w-alphabet-swap2.jpgw-alphabet-swap.jpg

And here’s the technique:

Using a 1.5″ square piece of chipboard as a base, I covered it with a piece of distressed sheet music paper. To emboss the edges, I dipped them first in an embossing ink and then in embossing powder, hitting it with my heat gun. Then I tore a piece off of a beverage napkin and glued it at an angle over the front of the tile. Using a Marvy Uchida punch, I cut a heart out of a sheet of red paper and distressed it with my PC Chizzel-It, then stamped and embossed a black W to the heart, attaching it to the tile. Upper-left and lower-right corners are adorned with hand-dyed venise lace.

Right now I’m also working on an annotated hypertext edition of Chaucer’s “The Canterbury Tales” in middle English using HTML and  notepad. Should keep me busy for a while.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: